This course begins in January and lasts for 6 months. The course is designed for candidates wishing to progress onto our HND Travel and Tourism course beginning in August but who do not currently have the minimum qualifications to access this directly. The 18 week course seeks to develop the skills knowledge experience and attitude required for working in the ever expanding travel and tourism sector.
- Resort Representation
- The Scottish Tourism Product
- Skills for Customer Care
- Travel Agency Practice and Procedures
- Business Practices
- Tourist Destinations
- Enhancing Skills for Employment.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Assessment is a mixture of role play and formal, written and oral assessment
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum of four National 5s two of which must be English and Maths
- Candidates with relevant travel industry work experience may also be considered
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Candidates should submit a relevant personal statement, appropriate references and complete a successful interview
- Various travel and tourism sector employment opportunities such as travel agent, tour operator, tour guide and resort representative
Download our progression route map here
- HND Travel and Tourism year one
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...