This is an introductory course that will allow you to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become an effective tour guide. The course provides the opportunity to take part in practical simulations at various sites in Edinburgh. There may also be an opportunity for job shadowing.
- Scotland and Edinburgh product knowledge
- People and group management
- Customer care
- Logistics and problem-solving Itineraries and time management
- Accidents and reporting (health and safety)
- Presentation skills
- Job shadowing and practical tour guiding skills / on-site skills
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical role plays and written assessments
Number of Days per week:
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Enthusiasm and a passion for the industry reflected in your personal statement
- A foreign language would be an advantage
English Proficiency Requirements:
Download our progression route map here
- Into employment or self-employment.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £300 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...