This course is aimed primarily at people who wish to progress onto one of our Exercise and Fitness or Access to Sports Therapy related courses at SCQF level 5 or 6. Generally, the group will consist of a combination of people returning to study after a break, people looking for a career change or pupils who have left school at Christmas.
The course allows students to develop introductory skills in a number of key areas which could be developed further on more advanced courses. The course is intensive and students will be expected to participate fully in both theory and practical elements.
- This course focuses on your practical performance and developing knowledge and skills in how to exercise effectively using a variety of methods and leading or assisting individuals and groups in various exercise settings and engaging in local physical activity initiatives
- Although a high level of fitness is not a requirement of the course it is hoped that you would make improvements to your personal fitness.
How Course Is Assessed:
The course is assessed on an on-going basis throughout the semester using a variety of methods which can include:
- practical tasks
Number of Days per week:
- Candidates would ideally have a minimum of three passes in subjects at National 4 level or above and although not essential English and PE would be an advantage.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At the interview, you will be expected to demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in physical activity
- The interview session may also include some written work to assess your general knowledge in physical activity and exercise activities, anatomical systems and identify your personal aims, objectives and potential career path
- There will be a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
- This course is primarily aimed at progression to further study although it may be possible to gain employment in positions such as gym/leisure/sports assistant.
Download our progression route map here
- Although you may gain transferable skills that could assist you in the world of work this course is designed as a progression to courses in exercise and fitness that are more specifically suited to providing you with direct employment opportunities.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...