If you are currently accredited at REPs level 2 with a qualification in Fitness Instruction or Gym Based Exercise then this course could be the next step for you. The aim of this course is to recognise the skills knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training baseline assessment nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
- Anatomy and physiology including - the heart and circulatory system - the musculoskeletal system - postural and core stability - the nervous endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design manage and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
How Course Is Assessed:
- Multiple choice Theory Paper
- eAssessment practical examination
- Observation portfolio
Number of Days per week:
- Accredited at REPs level 2 with a qualification in Fitness Instruction or Gym Based Exercise
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- The interview session for this course may include practical elements based on current exercise themes written work on your knowledge of exercise and fitness and a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
- Working as a Personal Trainer for companies within the Physical Activity, Exercise and Fitness Industry or on a self-employed basis
- Creating and developing your own business in this sector.
Download our progression route map here
- Level 3 Award in Business Skills for the Fitness Professional
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness
- Level 3 Award in Sports Conditioning Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (Soft Tissue Therapy)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1500 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...