This course is designed to allow students with additional support or learning needs to develop their own personal fitness health and general well-being.
Through the use of static gym equipment as well as other fitness tools you will work on developing your own fitness programme to improve your fitness and work with others in the gym to implement this. Individuals will learn how to:
- Prepare for a fitness session
- Demonstrate safe use of fitness and gym equipment
- Demonstrate basic and safe techniques in various methods used to improve fitness
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed by portfolio evidence to support each unit
- The level of support used by individual students to complete tasks will be recorded and you will complete a Personal Learning Support Plan
Number of Days per week:
- Although there are no formal entry qualifications required candidates would ideally have an interest in improving their personal fitness health and well-being
- All applicants will be required to complete a health questionnaire and take part in an interview or aptitude session
- All support arrangements can be discussed at guidance meetings and will be negotiated and agreed prior to an offer of place.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you will be required to complete a health questionnaire and take part in general exercise and fitness activities and a one to one interview or aptitude session
- On successful completion of this course you may go on to study Get Fit Get Healthy Move On
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £435 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...