This course is designed to provide you with a nationally recognised qualification in gym instructing. It will prepare you for employment in the industry as well as allowing you to progress onto the CYQ Personal Trainer Level 3. On successful completion of this course youll be able to apply for accreditation on REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) Level 2.
- You will learn how to safely plan deliver and evaluate gym-based exercise sessions and demonstrate knowledge and understanding in anatomy physiology and nutrition.
How Course Is Assessed:
- This course is assessed by means of a National Theory paper portfolio work and practical assessment on a selected client.
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum of two passes at SCQF Level 5 preferably in relevant subjects You may be a candidate who comes from a non-traditional route such as a mature returnee or one who wishes to change career or perhaps retrain following a career break to raise a family. In these or other cases we would take into account work experience life skills and potential ability. You may be expected to submit a brief written assignment or essay before interview to provide some indication of academic standing and communication skills.
- You should be able to provide evidence of or are expecting to meet the minimum entry qualifications in 2015. You should currently be participating regularly in exercise and fitness activities. Experience of working in the health and fitness industry would be an advantage. Evidence of a suitable level of clearance through the PVG scheme will be an expectation of all applicants.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you will be expected to demonstrate your knowledge of and active participation in exercise and Fitness. The interview session may include practical elements based on current exercise themes written work on your knowledge of exercise and fitness and a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
- Direct entry to employment as a gym instructor in a range of health and fitness based establishments such as: Private health and fitness clubs. Local authority sports centres and health and fitness clubs. Hotels and conference centres with fitness facilities.
Download our progression route map here
- Progression onto the CYQ Personal Trainer Award or other health and fitness courses at SCQF level 6.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £450 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...