This course is designed for those wishing to pursue a career as an exercise to music instructor. On successful completion you will gain a nationally recognised qualification that will prepare you for employment in the Health and Fitness Industry. You will be eligible to apply for REPs level 2 accreditation and possible progression on to the level 3 Certificate in Advanced Exercise to Music.
- Principles of exercise fitness and health
- Planning and instructing exercise to music classes
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health, Safety and Welfare in an exercise environment
How Course Is Assessed:
- A National Theory paper practical class delivery sessions and a portfolio of evidence.
Number of Days per week:
- Core and essential skills at the equivalent of National 4 or above would be helpful although not essential
- Experience of working in the Health and Fitness industry would be advantageous
- Current regular participation in group exercise to music classes
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you will be expected to demonstrate your knowledge of and active participation in exercise and Fitness. The interview session will include practical elements based on current exercise themes, written work on your knowledge of exercise and fitness, and a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
- Gain employment as an exercise to music instructor
Download our progression route map here
- Articulation with other level 2 awards in fitness/gym instruction
- Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Exercise to Music
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £450 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...