This fast-paced 18-week course will prepare you for the Army interview process, the recruitment selection process at the Army Development Selection Centre and a career in the British Army. You’ll work on developing a good level of fitness with periodic assessments to establish personal progression towards the selection/entry criteria. The course will give you the opportunity to attend information briefings with visits to various military establishments to find out about the employment opportunities you can pursue at the Regiments and Corps. There’s the exciting opportunity of a one-week military residential experience at Castlelaw Farm in the Pentland Hills as well as attending other military insight courses at various locations across the UK. Prior to the course starting you’ll attend an interview at the Granton Campus to confirm your eligibility for service in the Armed Forces. You’re expected to be highly motivated enthusiastic and committed to taking part in all activities.
- Swimming and resistance training
- Develop a good level of fitness
- Communication and teams skills and
- How to manage your own personal progression
Where appropriate you may study essential skills such as;
- Working with others
- Problem solving.
- One week long military residential
How Course Is Assessed:
- You will be evaluated on an on-going basis with periodic assessments to establish personal fitness and progression and your ability to meet the requirements of the army selection/entry criteria.
Number of Days per week:
- Although no formal qualifications are required, you will be expected to meet the eligibility criteria for entry into the British Armed Forces.
- You should have no medical conditions that would preclude employment in the Armed Forces
- You must either be in possession of a British Passport or be eligible for one.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- With no formal qualifications required for entry to this programme interviews will take place at both the Armed Forces Careers Office and at Granton Campus where you will be assessed on your attitude and aptitude during the interview process. This may include practical and physically challenging activities as well as team work and communication skills.
- The ultimate aim of the course is to get you ready to access a career in the Army.
Download our progression route map here
- You’ll be well prepared to continue your education on to courses such as: Fast Track to Exercise and Fitness Fast Track to Sport and Exercise NC Sport and Fitness at SCQF Level 4 NQ Exercise and Fitness SVQ Sports Activity Leadership.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...