This unit will develop your literature skills appropriate to middle-level posts in business. It`s also the entry level for certain courses in Higher Education making it an essential platform for further development. This unit together with Communication 4 may be accepted as equivalent to SQA Higher English by some institutions - which is often required to access a wide range of further studies.
- How to analyse and evaluate literary texts from different genres
- How to critically respond to an unseen literary text
How Course Is Assessed:
- Self-study with attendance on prescribed dates to sit assessments.
Number of Days per week:
- You should have achieved a grade A/B at National 5/Intermediate 2 English or a pass in Communication at SCQF Level 5.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Download our progression route map here
- You may be able to progress onto an HNC programme of your choice within Edinburgh College or apply for university.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...