This two-year intensive course is the perfect opportunity for you to develop and apply essential skills in the performing arts. In the first year you will study core elements of Acting Skills Acting in a Production Voice and Movement. In the second year you will gain real practical experience by applying your skills in a range of production opportunities in both traditional and non-traditional spaces.
Each year we have visits from theatre professionals (PASS it on) to ensure that you are up to date with current industry practice. We expect you to attend professional theatre productions on a regular basis and to ensure that you have a rewarding experience of theatre we organise up to six visits a year to a range of different productions. You will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in an international theatre visit to Romania. During the visit you will work with Romanian and Hungarian peers at the National Theatre Academy in Targu Mures.
The course is a fantastic platform for a career in performing arts ensuring you will be in a great position to pursue degree-level studies in acting.
- Continuous assessment of performance using written logbooks, observation checklists, written, project based works and some short written tests
- You will perform in the PASS theatre to a paying audience throughout your course
How Course Is Assessed:
- You will be assessed through practical performance, self-evaluation through logbooks or Vlogs and through theoretical/research assignments
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days however this will be increased when working towards performances
- 2 highers NC at SCQF level 6
- 2nd year entry will require 15 credits at HNC level
- A good personal statement with a desire to make a career in performing arts
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Audition information will be sent to successful applicants
- Year 3 BA (Hons) Acting for Stage and Screen at Queen Margaret University
- Year 3 BSc (Hons) Acting for Stage and Screen at Edinburgh Napier University
- Progress to drama schools such as Italia Conti RCS, RADA Central School of Speech and Drama, LIPA Rose Bruford Manchester Metropolitan University, Birmingham School of Acting and The Drama Centre
Download our progression route map here
- Drama school BA Drama and Performance (QMU)
“PASS is a fantastic stepping stone to a career in the arts. Through the encouragement and support and the most high quality of training I realised I could pursue a career in acting. I would highly recommend Edinburgh College to anyone with an interest in the arts and wish the College every success with PASS”.
Since leaving college Karen went on to study in London at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts before appearing in popular tv shows such as The Kevin Bishop Show and medical drama Harley Street. Karen’s popularity has seen a sharp rise since she appeared as Amy Pond, Dr Who’s assistant early 2010.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...