The course is suitable if you are working in a playwork setting in a supervisory role and are looking to gain the qualifications you need to register with the SSSC at lead practitioner or manager level. This course can be used as a progression route towards the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9 one of the required qualifications for lead practitioners and managers. Visit the SSSC website for more information about registration. This is a vocational qualification and you will be assessed by a portfolio of evidence measured against national standards of competency. As much of the evidence for the portfolio is generated in the workplace you will be assigned an individual assessor who will observe your work practice and support you throughout this qualification The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities andndash; classes tutorial sessions online learning and research.
- Leadership and management in a playwork setting
- How to develop operational plans
- To review and develop policies and procedures
- Reflect on and develop your own practice.
- As you are already in employment there is no placement aspect of this course
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed holistically by reflective accounts projects and questions
- You will be assigned an individual assessor who will visit your workplace to undertake observations of your practice
Number of Days per week:
- One 2 hour class per week. Morning or evening
- SVQ level 3 in Playwork or Children’s Care Learning and Development HNC Early Education and Childcare or equivalent
- You must be working within a playwork or childcare setting in a supervisory role
- You will already be in employment in a playwork setting in a supervisory role
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited to attend a group interview
- If you have a total of 240 credits at SCQF level 7 and 8 you can apply for the PDA at level 9 in Childhood Practice
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1050 Milton Road part-time (year 1)Fee: £1050 Milton Road part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...