If you`re looking to pursue a career in nursing which is both a challenging and rewarding profession then this course is for you. You may be a school leaver who as yet does not have the required entry qualifications to go direct to University. The course is a fulltime course where you will be given the necessary education to progress onto the first year of a Nursing or a health related degree. You will make your application through UCAS for these degrees.
- Communications 4
- Literature 1
- Higher Care (Human Development and Behaviour Social Influences and Values and Principles)
- Higher Human Biology
- Caring for People with Dementia
- Mental Health Issues
How Course Is Assessed:
- Your course will be assessed by SQA National Assessments essays and reports.
Number of Days per week:
- Meet the entry requirements including a detailed personal statement. You must be at least 17 years of age and have a minimum of 1 Higher and 5 National 5s including English and Biology
- If you can demonstrate by recent relevant successful study at level 5 your ability to work at level 6 your application maybe considered.
- A personal statement that demonstrates the following: your skills and qualities any relevant experience field of nursing you want to progress into your reasons for applying for the course
- Meet the entry requirements including a detailed personal statement
English Proficiency Requirements:
Download our progression route map here
- Apply through UCAS to one of the Universities across Britain that run Nursing Degree programmes. Please note that this course would not normally give you access to Midwifery or Child Health Degree Programmes.
- Operating Department Practitioner Diploma at Glasgow Caledonian University
- Progress onto a relevant HNC course
- Work as a health or social care assistant/support worker or in other health / social care work
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...