If you are in a helping role then the COSCA certificate is the perfect theoretical and practical course allowing you to develop the ability to establish a safe trusting helping relationship with another person by becoming a Reflective Practitioner. You will reflect on your own processes and experiences and how these have shaped the person that you are. You will also develop awareness of how your own qualities values attitudes and personality affect how you are within helping relationships.
You will come to College for individual skills development meetings outside the weekly session too making sure that the course meets your specific needs Please note although the title says Module 1 we offer all 4 modules which make up the certificate. For further information please contact email@example.com
- You will learn counselling skills to enable you to achieve the COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills.
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- The Certificate consists of four consecutive developmental modules. It is a part-time course of three hours per week for 12 weeks per module at College either from 9.15 am to 12.15pm or 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course
- Previous counselling training at Introductory Level can be helpful but is not essential
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
You will be invited for an interview where you will be expected to:
- explore your reasons for choosing to embark on the course at this time in life
- to describe and discuss in detail a specific example of helping and supporting someone emotionally
- to explore and identify your own personal skills and qualities relevant to the COSCA training
- to discuss a time in your own personal life when you went through a difficult process of change and identify the learning you took from that process
- Once all 4 modules are complete and you have gained the Certificate in Counselling Skills you could progress to study the Diploma in Counselling (not offered by the College) or HNC Counselling Employment which uses a counselling approach
Download our progression route map here
- The next Module in the certificate
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £292 Sighthill evening (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...