If you`re looking to develop your beauty therapy skills to a higher level this one year course is for you. Equipped with a more advanced skillset you will be well prepared to develop your passion for Beauty Therapy by progressing to a more technical level. You will learn the therapeutic skills and knowledge you need to move into the higher levels of the beauty industry performing a variety of more advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements. You will also gain more hands-on experience through working in our employability salon and Academy with the high-end product company Elemis thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
We make sure you are fully prepared for progression with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients and case studies to oral presentation skills.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and reps from the beauty industry.
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. This professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Employment Experience
- Product Knowledge
- Advanced Body Treatments
- Lifestyle Advice For Clients
- Beauty Therapy: Management and Practices of Body Therapies
- Beauty Therapy: Management and Practices of Facial Therapies
- Face and Body Electrotherapy
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 1 Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Remedial Massage Spa Treatments Aromatherapy
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must hold a Level 3 Beauty Therapy qualification
- Applicants must also successfully complete an interview which includes a practical and written task
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A formal interview which has a scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview practical trade test and written exam
- You will be fully qualified to work within the Beauty industry as a senior beauty therapist or salon manager
Download our progression route map here
- Opportunity to apply for progression into HND 2nd Year Beauty Therapy
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry`s top events.BBC`s One Show and Edinburgh College
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...