This one-year exciting course introduces the skills you need for entry into HND Beauty Therapy. It meets industry requirements and prepares you to work in a variety of salon environments. You will gain essential practical experience working in our Employability Salons and Academy to give you valuable real life work experience and knowledge, learning the therapeutic skills you need to move into the higher levels of the beauty industry. You will be performing a variety of more advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies and work with the high-end product company Elemis, thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
We make sure you are fully prepared for progression with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients and case studies to oral presentation skills.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and reps from the beauty industry. Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. This professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Facial Treatments
- Body Massage
- Face and Body
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Eye Treatments
- Commercial Experience
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must be qualified with a minimum of 2 Highers preferably English and Biology or relevant NC at SCQF Level 6
- Applicants must also successfully complete an interview which includes a practical and written task
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A formal interview which has scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview practical trade test and written exam
- Opportunity for part-time work in a salon carrying out basic beauty treatments
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK –where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events and have featured on the BBC’s One Show with Dom Littlewood.
BBC`s One Show and Edinburgh College
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...