Medical Terminology will give you an introduction to the language of medicine. This course is ideal for medical secretaries paramedical personnel nurses and others working in a health care setting. It is also suitable for you if you`re a 6th year secondary school pupil and you`re considering applying for medicine or nursing.
- How medical terms are formed
- Terminology relating to disease of specific body systems
- Terminology: medical procedures and surgery
- Medical abbreviations
- Terminology relating to drugs
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- Minimum 2 passes at SCQF Level 4 including English and preferably Biology but not essential. Other considerations: attitude and aptitude personal statement
English Proficiency Requirements:
- If you have office skills this course allows you to apply for employment as a medical secretary
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...