This course will give you the knowledge, analytical and practical skills you need to work as a technician in the oil, gas, chemical food, drinks, paper and energy production and processing industries. You’ll cover Process Control, Distributed Control Systems, Measurement Systems, Complex Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Mathematics for Engineering and much more - all the areas you need to gain employment as an instrument technician as well as qualifying you to access further study.
This course runs from August - January, attending college 2 days a week.
- Process Control
- Distributed Control Systems
- Measurement Systems
- Complex Control Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Mathematics for Engineering
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- You`ll need an NC Engineering Systems in order to qualify for a place on the course
- We will also consider your application if you have relevant industrial experience
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Work as an instrument technician in industryDirect entry to the second or third year BEng (Hons) degree in Instrumentation and Control Engineering at Teesside University
- Possible progression route into HE
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £790 Midlothian part-time (year 1)Fee: £746 Midlothian part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...