This course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge that you have gained during a level 1 diploma and use them to look far more in depth at individual vehicle systems. Exceptional candidates without a level 1 diploma will be considered on an individual basis.
The areas you will cover include fabrication skills, engine components, electrical components, chassis components, transmission components and vehicle inspection processes (among others). The majority of time will be spent in the workshop carrying out practical tasks. On completion of each task your findings will be compiled into a portfolio of evidence.
You will also spend some time in class covering the underpinning knowledge of vehicle systems. Not only this you`ll develop your core skills in communication, numeracy and IT along with problem solving and working with others. The course will ensure you`re well prepared for employment in the motor industry and you`ll also be ready for further training at Level 3.
- Health and Safety
- Fabrication skills
- Engine components
- Electrical components
- Chassis components
- Transmission components
- Vehicle Inspection processes
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and online assessment
Number of Days per week:
- City & Guilds or IMI level 1 Diploma (light vehicle or heavy vehicle)
- National 5 in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Employment in the motor industry
- Employment in the motorsports industry
- Transfer into higher level engineering courses
Download our progression route map here
- You can progress onto our level 3 Light Vehicle Diploma
- Apply for apprentice positions
- Transfer onto our modern apprentice program.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...