This course will allow you to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in automotive engineering, working on light vehicles (cars and vans). You will learn about a wide range of vehicle systems including health and safety, routine maintenance, vehicle technology, Panel removal, inspection & repair of tyres, steering systems & suspension systems (among others).
The majority of your time on the course will be spent in the workshop carrying out practical tasks. For each task, you carry out your findings will be compiled into a portfolio of evidence to highlight the practical skills developed. You will spend some time in class covering the underpinning knowledge of vehicle systems too. You will also develop core skills which can be applied to everyday life and future employment in areas such as communication numeracy IT and problem-solving.
The course is great preparation for further training allowing you to apply for roles as an apprentice technician as part of our Modern Apprentice program.
- Health and Safety
- Vehicle Technology
- Panel Removal
- Inspection & repair of tyres
- Steering systems
- Suspension systems
- Routine Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Working with Others
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and Online Assessment
Number of Days per week:
- National 4 Mathematics, English & a National 4 pass in any science related subject.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Bennetts mechanical comprehension test, no preparation is required
- Apply for apprentice technician vacancies
- Move onto our Modern apprentice scheme
- Progress onto our Level 2 diploma
Download our progression route map here
- Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance & repair
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...