The Introduction to Health Studies course is designed to prepare you for entry into a health social care or science related courses. The course is ideal for you if you have limited qualifications in this area and also wish to develop your skills in numeracy communications and the sciences.
On the course, you will study a variety of units within the subject areas listed below.
- There is no placement on this course
How Course Is Assessed:
- This course is assessed through a variety of methods including essays reports SQA national assessments and projects
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days per week (2 days at Sighthill & 1 day at Granton)
- No formal entry qualifications are required
- An interest in a career in Health or Medical Science
- You will be required to attend an interview prior to being accepted onto the course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for an individual interview where you will be asked to complete a science aptitude test
- Upon successful completion, you will be academically prepared and eligible to study on a range of level 5/6 courses offered at Edinburgh College.
- In addition, you will be eligible to apply for NC Applied Science.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...