This Foundation Apprenticeship in Engineering can offer a challenging exiting career that presents a wide range of opportunities for Scotlands young people to enter the field of work. This FA in Engineering aims to provide pupils the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge to enter a career in Engineering and the Advanced Manufacturing sector and other Engineering related industries. This course is designed to provide participants with theory practice and industry related work experience.
- Graphical Communications Engineering
- Pneumatics and hydraulics
- CAD Dynamics
- Electrical Principles
- Mechanical Principles
- Industry related work experience either within the industry or within a realistic working environment
- Energy specific site visits
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- Two half days per week in year one followed by two full days in year two.
- National 5 qualifications in Maths, English, Physics or Technological related subject will be considered.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Energy Renewables
- Transmission and Distribution
- Oil and Gas
- Construction and Energy Management
- Emerging Technologies
- Engineering manufacturing or Electrical course at level 7
- Potential university entry into year one
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £ Midlothian part-time (year 1)Fee: £ Midlothian part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...