This course will give you the broad practical skills base youll need in engineering light fabrication. You`ll take part in a lot of hands-on skills training including sheet metal welding and much more. Its the ideal practical course to get you ready for higher technical or management positions in engineering. Past bursary-funded students have gained Modern Apprentice positions with local engineering companies.
- Light fabrication skills in sheet metal, welding and much more
How Course Is Assessed:
- Competency based Assessed outcome by outcome basis
Number of Days per week:
- If you`re already an apprentice engineer the entry requirements are set by your employer
- If not you`ll need Standard Grades at Level 3 or above in Mathematics and English
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Employment in higher technical or management posts in engineering Modern Apprentice with local engineering companies
- Progression may be allowed into one of the HN course offered
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1860 Midlothian part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...