This course will bring together essential required electronics within a practical sound Technicians role. It will give an insight to the repair of electronic equipment and safe use of stage electricity.
The course has combined content applicable to sound engineers working on PA and stage electronic and electrical equipment. The sound production units will cover a general introduction to PA systems and the studio; including different component parts connections and levels of signals. The introduction to technical support unit will involve basic maintenance of instruments in addition to the different types of cables and connectors.
- Fundamental Electronics
- Electrical safety
- Introduction to audio system
- Safe working practices
- PA systems
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- No formal entry requirements but a minimum of maths and English at National 4 is recommended
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Electronics Engineer
- Apprenticeship Sound Technician
- Level 5 electrical or mechanical engineering courses
- level 5 in music/sound production or equivalent
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...