If you`re looking to build a career as an engineer in the electrical engineering field, this course is the ideal choice. In Year 1 you’ll study HNC Electrical Engineering. This is designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of industry and commerce, and prepares you to build on your skills at the next level. In Year 2 you’ll study HND Electrical Engineering. This will provide you with a solid foundation and practical skills in advanced electrical concepts and theories. You’ll also use the latest software and study various technical subjects.
- Maths for Engineering
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- MCU Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Electrical Theory
How Course Is Assessed:
- Continuous assessment 3 hour graded unit exam in May
Number of Days per week:
- Two Highers at Grade C or above in Physics Maths or Technological Studies
- Two Highers at Grade C or above in Physics Maths or Technological Studies.
- A relevant NQ at Level 6 accompanied with a good academic reference recommending articulation to a higher level
- Industrial experience and/or other qualifications will also be considered
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Pre Entry test followed by 1 to 1 interview
Employment as an engineer in the electrical engineering field particularly
- renewable energy and other emerging technologies
- Second year HND
- Years 3 and 4 of Electrcial Engineering degree
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...