This course is for those wishing to further develop their knowledge and skills in vehicle restoration. The course covers many areas from the history and heritage of classic vehicles to the repair of light to medium bodywork damage.
The majority of your program will be spent in our specialist workshops carrying out practical tasks. This is backed up with theory classes to improve your underpinning knowledge of each subject. You will also study for 5 core skills modules over the year to ensure that you are ready for work in the automotive industry.
- Classic vehicle restoration with a focus on body repair and paint restoration.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through workshop observations and online assessments.
Number of Days per week:
- Either the level 1 certificate in Body repair/paint refinishing or 4 National 4 passes (Standard grade general level), preferably in a technical discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- This course will give you an in depth understanding of classic vehicle restoration specialising in Body repair and paint. Many students from the department are referred onto apprenticeships in body shops or Spray paint specialists. These students will move onto our highly successful Modern Apprentice program. Upon completion of the level 2 Diploma a successful candidate could also open their own business restoring vehicles. Move into higher level Engineering courses.
Download our progression route map here
- Apply for apprentice positions and move into our Modern Apprentice program
- Move into higher level Engineering courses.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...