This course is ideal if you’re looking to develop a career requiring a practical knowledge of the sciences. You’ll study each of the main branches of science: chemistry, physics and biology as well as undertaking specialist units to increase your lab skills.
The course is designed to be both sufficiently varied and in-depth to allow you to progress onto university studies, as well as preparing you for employment that relies on a knowledge of applied sciences. To progress onto university you may also need to gain an additional Science Higher and have gained National 5 Mathematics.
You are advised to research your university choices early to ensure you apply for the correct complement of courses.
At a later stage in the course you will have the opportunity to choose between studying additional Biology or Physics units.
- Maths and Statistics
- Lab Skills
How Course Is Assessed:
- Ongoing assessment and final year graded unit.
Number of Days per week:
- It is essential that you have achieved a minimum of a C grade in Higher Chemistry AND a minimum of a C grade in one other Higher from Maths, Physics, Biology or Human Biology
- It is highly recommended that you have gained an A or B grade in both National 5 Mathematics and an A or B grade in National 5 English.
- NC 6 Applied Science is acceptable for entry
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Employment as a lab technician may be possible.
Download our progression route map here
- Progress onto HND Applied Sciences or Year 1/2 at university on a range of science-related courses.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...