CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Adults) is an initial teacher training course and an internationally recognised form of entry into the English Language teaching profession. The part-time course runs from the middle of January through to June.
The full-time course runs for 4 weeks from 18th June 2018 to 13th July 2018.
- The Cambridge CELTA is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to teach ESOL effectively in a variety of contexts
- You will study theory and methodology and learn how to analyse language through tasks and discussions
- Observe experienced ESOL practitioners and undertake 6 hours of teaching practice with ESOL groups.
How Course Is Assessed:
- You will assessed through 6 hours of observed teaching practice and 4 written assignments.
Number of Days per week:
- Full time - 5 days a week Pat time - 2 evenings a week
- Applicants should have university entry qualifications as a minimum requirement.
- This qualification is aimed at new ESOL practitioners or current practitioners who do not hold a recognised TESOL qualification at this level
- While candidates are not required to have subject specific qualifications it is useful if you have already undertaken a short introductory level TESOL/TEFL course.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Please note that places on CELTA courses are limited and early application is advised
- Selection interviews take place throughout the year while places are available
- These group interview sessions will consist of discussion tasks a short mini-lesson and an individual interview
- English teaching opportunities in the UK and abroad.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1000 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...