There are more than 7,000 workplaces in Scotland’s IT & Telecoms industry and this course aims to help you become part of this interesting, well paid and ever-evolving workplace.
Software development which is programming is behind every app you use, every computer game you play and every software package on your digital devices. It’s about databases, virtual reality and robotics – and much more. Where it goes next is up to you.
An FA Software Development helps you discover what a career in ICT and digital technologies would be like, and if it’s right for you – while you`re still at school. You’ll try software development roles, shadow experienced developers, or do a special project. You’ll build the practical skills and experience you need to do the job well.
In year 1 (S5) you will complete the following units at college:
- Computing Applications: Development
- Computing: Authoring a Website
- Design and Development
Year 2 (S6) you will mainly be delivered in the workplace where you will develop work ready skills and complete the following units:
- Personal Effectiveness
- Health and Safety in IT
- Telecom Investigating
- Defining Customer Requirements for IT & Telecoms Systems
- Data Modeling 1
- Object Oriented Computer Programming
- Year 2 (S6) you will mainly be delivered in the workplace where you will develop work ready skills
How Course Is Assessed:
- The majority of the course is assessed through projects and work you undertake in the workplace or in college, there may be a short multiple choice quiz to test your knowledge
Number of Days per week:
- Five National 4s and 2 National 5s including English and Maths or Physics
English Proficiency Requirements:
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £ Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...