Thinking about going to college and university? Do you want to guarantee yourself a place at Edinburgh Napier University?
On this course you will be studying the important areas of networking and security, providing a platform for a successful career in the IT sector. The course will look at the specialist areas of computer forensics, software development and networking.
You will study the first two years of your degree here at Edinburgh College (Sighthill campus) and on successful completion of year 2 you are guaranteed a place in 3rd year at Edinburgh Napier University.
Year 1 – Edinburgh College
You will follow the framework for the HND year 1 Networking course. This course is designed to meet the varied needs of industry and commerce. It follows closely from the curriculum for the CISCO Certified Network Associate, and after completing the course you will be prepared for the CCNA qualification exam. Year 2 – Edinburgh College
You will follow the framework for the HND year 2 Networking course. The aim of year 2 is to provide a solid foundation and practical skills in advanced Microsoft and Cisco technologies. You will use the latest software, and study technical modules including Ethical Hacking Fundamentals, Security Concepts, Switching and Routing Technologies and Server Administration. Year 3 and 4 – Edinburgh Napier University
This course capitalises on the rising awareness of the importance of network security and is a valuable foundation to a successful and well paid career. You will study the specialist areas of Security and Forensics, Software Development and Computer Networks. After four years you will have the expertise needed to create and analyse effective and secure computer systems. Subjects may include: Information: Society and Security, Distributed Systems, Advanced Security, and Digital Forensics XML Web Services Honours Project.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Mostly practical but with some written assignments and multiple choice tests.
- The Graded unit for year 1 is an exam and for year 2 is a project.
Number of Days per week:
- Three C passes at Higher to ideally include Computing and Maths or a Science.
- Two highers may be considered if the subjects are Science, Maths or Computing based and are at a grade higher than a C.
- If you are a mature student then we will take current or previous skills and experience into account.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you may be asked to attend a screening exercise to assess your skills and there will be course information provided by a lecturer from the course.
Download our progression route map here
- You can continue your studies at degree-level in years 3 and 4 at Edinburgh Napier University with a guaranteed place upon passing years 1 and 2 of your HND.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...