This course runs as both an evening course and an online course. It is ideal if you`d like to learn to diagnose problems, repair, configure and install computer hardware and operating systems. You`ll also learn essential skills that will allow you to troubleshoot and upgrade personal computers. It`s an industry-renowned qualification with top companies such as Microsoft and Cisco recognising A+ certification. The course is, therefore, a great way to enhance your career prospects.
Please note: we offer a Distance Learning course at our Sighthill campus and an evening class at our Granton campus. The Granton course offers a taught evening class with learning supported by hands-on practical exercises and runs every Tuesday evening from 17:30 to 20:30 starting in September.
- Diagnose computer Problems
- Computer Hardware
- Operating Systems
- Upgrading Personal Computers
How Course Is Assessed:
- Preparation course for the CompTIA A+ examinations.On successful completion of the course you’ll be eligible for discount vouchers towards the cost of the two A+ exams which will mean a saving of £75 at current prices.
Number of Days per week:
- 1 evening per week - Tuesday 17:30 to 20:30
- Minimum of 1 national 5 in a numerate subject such as math computing or a science subject
- If you are a mature student then we will take current or previous skills and experience into account
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- For the evening course interview you should bring along your certificates
- You may be asked to complete a screening to assess your competencies
- Course information will be provided by the lecturer on the course
- On successful completion of the course you`ll be eligible for discount vouchers towards the cost of the two A+ exams which will mean a saving of £75 at current prices.
Download our progression route map here
- Sit the CompTIA A+ examinations - this certification is internationally recognized and will be beneficial when seeking a career in IT support and the computing industry.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £293 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...