CompTIA A+ is an industry-renowned qualification with top companies such as Microsoft and Cisco recognising A+ certification. This course is ideal if you would like to learn to diagnose computer problems, repair, configure and install computer hardware and operating systems. You will also learn essential skills that will allow you to troubleshoot and upgrade personal computers. The course is therefore a great way to enhance your career prospects.
Please note: we offer a Distance Learning course at our Sighthill campus and an evening class at our Granton campus. The Granton course offers a taught evening class with learning supported by hands-on practical exercises and runs every Thursday evening from 18:00 to 21:00.
- Diagnose Computer Problems
- Computer Hardware
- Operating Systems
- Upgrading Personal Computers
How Course Is Assessed:
- This is a preparation course - on successful completion of the course you will be eligible for discount vouchers towards the cost of the two A+ exams which will mean a saving of £75 at current prices.
Number of Days per week:
- For the evening course 1 evening per week Thursday 18:00 -21:00.
- Minimum 2 passes at SCQF Level 4.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- There will be an interview where you should bring along your qualification certificates and a reference.
Download our progression route map here
- Sit the CompTIA A+ examinations - this certification is internationally recognized and will be beneficial when seeking a career in IT support and the computing industry.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £306 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...