This Professional Development Award (PDA) at SCQF 9 is a recognised qualification if you are a lead practitioner or manager of childcare and playwork settings. For those with qualifications in social work, community education and nursing - we can offer the 60 credits required by the SSSC for registration. The PDA begins with a short course in academic writing, with teaching for the PDA commencing in March.
The qualification is the equivalent to an ordinary degree. You may be able to access funding for course fees from your local authority childcare partnership or receive a proportion from the SAAS Part-time fee grant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
If you are resident in Fife and are interested in studying on an outreach basis with Edinburgh College, please contact Jackie Vural to register your interest through the email address above.
- You will study topics which are grounded in work-based learning and aim to balance professional knowledge and understanding with practical skills and abilities
- You will work on two practice units andndash; one within your current workplace and one on placement in another area of childhood practice giving you even more valuable practical experience
- You will also have the opportunity to explore a particular area of interest in the Independent Study unit allowing you to shape your own learning according to your interests and future plans.
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities and tutorial sessions online learning research discussion groups ; all with full support from our experienced staff team.
Number of Days per week:
- You must have 240 credits at SCQF level 7and 8 in relevant subjects to gain entry to this course
- You will already be working in a lead practitioner or manager role in a childhood practice setting.
- The PDA at Level 9 consists of 120 SCQF credits which form part of a 360 credit award. You must therefore have 240 credits at SCQF Levels 7 and 8 before starting the course.
- Edinburgh College can offer a range of courses and top-up bundles to enable you to build up your credits.
- If you have a degree-level qualification you may gain direct entry to Level 9.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Register with the SSSC at lead practitioner / manager level
- Postgraduate study in a related field
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1050 Granton part-time (year 1)Fee: £1050 Granton part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...