The AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting offers technical training in accounting and is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in accountancy and finance.
The purpose of the qualification is to provide students with the specialist knowledge and skills required for progressing either to employment in an accounting or finance role or to enable progression to further study in accountancy and finance.
This qualification is suitable for those who have completed the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting and wish to progress, or are at a more intermediate level and looking to develop their skills in accounting. The Advanced Diploma in Accounting is also suited to those who have already started working in finance and who have a need to attain formal recognition of skills.
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting qualification is suitable for 16-19 year olds who are interested in pursuing a career in this occupational area. It is also suited to adult students, career changers and those seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills in this area.
Requirement for access to this course will be successful completion of the Foundation Certificate in Accounting. However, it is recommended that students begin their studies with a good standard of English and Maths, for example Certification at least at National 5 for both would be appropriate. If candidates wishing to apply have other relevant school or college qualifications, a degree or some accounting experience then these may be considered as appropriate entry requirements.
The qualification comprises six mandatory units. Four are assessed individually in an end of unit computer based assessment and two are assessed along with the other four in the end of level synoptic computer based exam.
- Advanced book keeping
- Final accounts preparation
- Management accounting - costing
- Indirect tax
- Ethics for accountants
- Spreadsheets for accounting
How Course Is Assessed:
- Computerised end of unit exams
Number of Days per week:
- Achieved AAT Level 5 Foundation Certificate 2 Highers in any subject previous accounting experience and successful interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Required to take the AAT Skills Check to indicate entry point www.aat.org.uk
- AAT Diploma in Accounting (Level 8) course. After which you will have the opportunity to become a full member of the AAT (MAAT) and progress to the Professional Accounting qualifications offered by ACCA CIPFA and CIMA with exemptions available on completion of the Level 8 Diploma Enhanced employability and promotion prospects within the financial sector.
- Progression to AAT Diploma in Accounting SCQF Level 8 course
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1200 Sighthill part-time (year 1)Fee: £1200 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...