This 36 week full time course is aimed at those who wish to pursue a career in the plumbing industry. You will gain an understanding of some of the basic installation, commissioning and servicing principles required in the plumbing industry and get an insight into the working environment in which a plumber might be expected to operate. Time is also spent learning about the wider role of the plumber and how he/ she interacts with clients other trades and professionals from the construction industry. Applicants should be advised that because this course is considered to be pre-apprenticeship entry level it may not be suitable for those with substantial knowledge of the plumbing industry.
This is a City & Guild certified course, units include
- Health & Safety in the construction industry
- Understanding Construction Occupation Practices: An Introduction
- An introduction to hot & cold water services
- An introduction to domestic central heating systems
- An introduction to above & below ground drainage systems
- Understanding pipe fittings & materials & associated jointing techniques
- Basic fabrication of pipework systems using common pipe materials & fittings
- Install, commission & service basic domestic plumbing & heating components & systems
- An appreciation of the regulatory bodies that legislate the plumbing industry
- Interacting with external agencies involved in plumbing heating
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) for Building Services Engineers
- Information and Communication Technology
How Course Is Assessed:
- Continuous assessment throughout the course
Number of Days per week:
- 2 passes at Nat 4/SG General/Int 1 to include English and Maths
- If you’re a mature applicant you’ll be considered on an individual basis
- Other considerations, attitude and personal statement interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited to an interview during which you’ll complete three short tasks to establish level of literacy numeracy and practical ability.
- Successful students may wish to pursue a formal Modern Apprenticeship in Plumbing or similar career with a suitable employer.
- On successful completion you may be able to apply for an apprenticeship in plumbing.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...