Electronic Fire and Security Systems is a 3 year course aimed at candidates who are employed within the Fire and Security Industry. The course is day release 1 day per week.
It is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge understanding skills and professional qualifications for the Electronic Fire and Security industry. Over the course of 3 years the apprentice will attend college on day release learning both theoretical and hands on skills. They will be taught by experts in the Security Industry who are still working in industry with the latest technology on the market.
During the apprentices time here they will complete the following qualifications: The apprentice will complete his SVQ via an Electronic Portfolio updated with ongoing information on their progress this gives their employer the ability to view the apprentices input and comments from his lecturer on their progress. This will also ensure that the apprentices work is meeting the latest industry standards. Additional information can be viewed in the Modern Apprentice section of the web site here.
- Plan the installation of Electronic Security Systems
- Audit Electronic Security Systems
- Install Electronic Security Systems
- Test and Confirm the Operation of Electronic Security Systems
- Commission Electronic Security Systems
- Maintain the Performance of Electronic Security Systems
- Diagnose and Rectify Faults on Electronic Security Systems
- Handover Electronic Security Systems
- Make Sure Your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- Communicate Effectively with Others
- Give a Positive Image of Yourself
- Make Preparations and Arrangements to Install Electronic Security Systems
- Promote a Healthy and Safe Culture in the Workplace
How Course Is Assessed:
- Continual Assessment of Candidate
Number of Days per week:
- Employed within the Electronic Fire and Security Industry
English Proficiency Requirements:
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £ Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...