This Level 5, 18-week course will appeal to many students who are keen to gain technical skills in the creation and editing of digital media providing a good grounding for further vocational study. These digital elements are important across a range of Creative Industries media and audiovisual areas such as video, audio and photography.
This is a course that will appeal to many students who are keen to gain technical skills in the creation and editing of digital media elements providing a good grounding for further vocational study. These digital elements are important across a range of media computing multimedia interactive media and/or web-based products. The 18-week programme includes units in Stills Acquisition Video Acquisition and Audio Acquisition. There are also units in Basic Camera Operations, Radio Journalism and Making a Radio Programme.
- You will have the opportunity to film using high-end video cameras and how to use appropriate editing software.
- Using digital recorders you will learn radio interviewing techniques and how to produce professional radio packages.
- You will learn still camera techniques and how to edit your photographs.
- Individual and team based project work will give you the opportunity to build a portfolio of work and an understanding of the structure of the Creative Industries.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical project work and written work
Number of Days per week:
- Interest in digital video and media industry
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants to complete and return a Student Information form.
- First steps to working in the broadcast media industry as an assistant
Download our progression route map here
- On successful completion of this course, you could progress to further study on a year-long SCQF Level study on NC Media: Broadcast or NC Media: Audio Visual.
- Mature students with appropriate additional qualifications may be eligible to apply for study at HND level.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...