If you`re looking to pursue a career in television or film production this two-year course is ideal. Youll gain invaluable practical experience working as a crew-member on a range of programmes developing a wealth of craft skills from directing lighting sound recording and camerawork to editing and post production. Youll also study the creative industries in depth to develop a critical and contextual awareness which will be reflected in your own productions. Youll progress onto advanced production processes and techniques such as high definition camera operation advanced editing digital compositing and post-production as well as live television broadcast. Theres even the fantastic opportunity to direct and crew multi-camera studio programmes in a purpose built studio. This will allow you to gain realistic experience with the opportunity to select either a factual or non-factual specialisation to direct your own single camera major project. This true variety of experience will allow you to produce a personal show-reel and will make sure you`re well-placed for further degree-level studies in production and related areas. Youll also be well-equipped to walk straight into exciting jobs in this creative industry.
- Sound recording
- Editing and post production.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Written practical and project work
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum of 2 Highers or a relevant NC pass at SCQF Level 6. It’s anticipated that you’ll already have had some background experience or practice in the creative arts
- A portfolio of images photographs short film or animations
- Direct entry to the second year of the course is possible if you’ve already obtained an HNC in Creative Industries Television
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A range of different career paths in the film television and media industries Further studies at degree-level such Year 3 of BA (Hons) Television at Edinburgh Napier University or for entry to the University of Stirling or Queen Margaret University for Year 2 of their BA (Hons) Film and Media degrees
Download our progression route map here
- This true variety of experience will allow you to produce a personal show-reel and will make sure you’re well-placed for further degree-level studies in production and related areas
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...