If you`re a school student this course is the perfect opportunity to develop life drawing elements towards a portfolio of artwork. This course will make sure you showcase your best work to support College and UCAS applications for Art and Design based courses. You`ll get to explore a variety of approaches media and techniques working from the life model focusing on drawing. You`ll learn both accurate rendering of the figure and a variety of expressive and mixed media approaches. You`ll also explore a whole range of different ideas about drawing by looking at artists works and learning to appreciate different ways of seeing or interpreting the figure - essential research for your ongoing development as an artist. This course offers SCQF Level 5 units which will really support your progression onto exciting further studies in art.
- Life Drawing
- How to Build an Art Portfolio
- Mixed Media Approaches
- Seeing and Interpreting the Figure
- Research Skills
- Art at Intermediate 2 level would be a recommended entry point
- Apply online with your schools college coordinator
- You must be 16 years old at the beginning of the course
- This course is offered as a Schools College Partnership
- You should have a creative personality be open to new ideas and challenges and want to meet new similar minded people
English Proficiency Requirements:
The elements you add to your portfolio will support College and UCAS applications for art and design-based courses
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...