This course will enable learners to further develop creativity imagination practical skills communicating and expressing ideas feelings and meanings through the medium of Art and Design. The course is specifically for Students with additional support needs and allows learners to progress at their own pace so that they can develop their knowledge and skills and be put forward for the assessment when they are ready. It is designed to be accessible and relevant and provides learners with recognition for their achievements.
- creative and imaginative skills
- confidence when working with Art and Design materials and techniques
- investigative analytical experimental practical technical and expressive skills
- safe working practices in art craft and design.
Number of Days per week:
- 2 days, Monday and Tuesday
- No formal qualifications are required
- Show us previous artwork that demonstrates your interest and commitment
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with ideas and have sound communication skills
- This course is suitable for additional support and learning needs
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Applicants are invited to an informal interview to discuss their support needs and interest in Art and Design
Download our progression route map here
- Voluntary or paid employment with support from the Pathways team and Enable Scotland
- You may have the opportunity to attend job clubs and develop your art skills further by applying for a place on the following full-time course
- UAL Level 1 Diploma in Art and Design
- SCQF Level 1-2 courses in other subject areas
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1008 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...