Learners will have the opportunity to explore the potential of surface pattern making use of a range of surfaces and a variety of media and materials. Learners will explore the potential of surface pattern via the application of decoration to a diverse range of surfaces and materials. They will experiment with the formal elements of surface pattern by using media and materials together with the processes and technologies associated with printed constructed and embroidered textiles. They are encouraged to reflect on their work and evaluate strengths and areas for development.
- Learners will also be encouraged to reflect on and evaluate their use of different design approaches when creating surface pattern work
- They are encouraged to work to present samples and other outcomes through an assignment to enable translation of new skills into the work place.
How Course Is Assessed:
- course work is assessed by portfolio submission
- no formal qualifications required but students should have a keen interest within the specialist area of textiles.
- this course is suitable for both beginners and intermediate students within the Textiles specialism.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Download our progression route map here
- this course can help students with building textiles skills and provide course work for portfolio submissions to further specialist courses in Textiles and Art and Design courses.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £260 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...