This is a 2 hour class specifically designed for students with additional support needs. If you`re looking to try out lots of interesting and new art and design materials and techniques this SCQF Level 1 course is for you. This introductory course will allow you to use your personal interests to make imaginative artwork. You`ll have fun exploring printmaking painting sculpture and 2D and 3D design.
To make sure you gain a wider understanding of what art can be you`ll be taught by professional artists and will go on to experience rewarding visits to art galleries too. Well really encourage you to work with others and to share your ideas both visually and verbally. This will allow you to develop the confidence to try out new ideas and will help you to build your personal and social skills even further.
The course ends with an exhibition in a large group show where you`ll proudly showcase the best of your work from the course - a truly rewarding experience. It`s a part-time course with a maximum of 12 students and is delivered on a Monday morning for 2 hours per week. The course will make sure you`re prepared for a whole range of jobs because of all the general skills you develop. You`ll also be in a fantastic position to move onto further education in art and design here at the College.
- Communication and Life Skills
- This course is a basic introduction to art and design and is designed for additional support or learning needs
- An interest in art Able to co-operate with others within a small class Prepared to use messy art materials
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Applicants are invited into an informal interview to discuss their support needs and interest in Art and Design
- Either voluntary or paid employment with support from the Pathways team and Enable Scotland You may have the opportunity to attend job clubs Part time Understanding Art and Design Course at SCQF Level 2 Specialise in one particular design area like part time Introduction to 3D Design (Jewellery) or Introduction to Textiles SCQF Level 1-2 courses in other subject areas
Download our progression route map here
- You can progress onto other part time or full time supported courses in Art and Design.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £200 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...