This course gives you the opportunity to develop a portfolio of artwork which will support college and UCAS applications for art and design-based courses. You`ll explore a variety of art and design disciplines, media and techniques and is suitable for new students and those progressing on from Portfolio Preparation 1. The emphasis will be on drawing and the creative process. You`ll look at the use of the sketchbook as a tool to help explore and present your own work, both in research and development of ideas and interests.
This is a very important element of any successful portfolio. You`ll also create resolved work which will link to the sketchbook work whilst being able to stand on it`s own. As an important part of the process, you`ll investigate a variety ways that artists have explored and expressed the visual world. This course will ensure you are well prepared to progress onto study at a higher level at Art College or on one of our Full Time courses in 2015-16
- Art and design knowledge and skills
- Produce a suitable art portfolio for applications
How Course Is Assessed:
- submission of practical course work
Number of Days per week:
- Minimum of 3 passes at SCQF Level 5
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Enhance you employment prospects by providing a distinct professional route into careers in architecture or interior design
Download our progression route map here
- Your creative portfolio of artwork will support college and university applications for a range of art and design courses
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £135 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...