Summer in Edinburgh
We want you to get the most out of your course - and out of Edinburgh too. You can choose to join our social programme and visit places of historical and cultural importance in and around the city. This will give you the chance to see many of the things you have been learning about in class regarding Scottish and British culture and history. In August, we offer a chance to experience the Edinburgh International Festival, the largest festival in the world.
Learn more about Scotland and the beautiful city of Edinburgh by joining the Summer School Social Programme.
Each week we organise two afternoon visits and one evening event to places of interest in and around the city. During the Edinburgh Festival in August, this will include some great Festival shows. We also organise a full-day Saturday excursion every week.
Here are some of the trips and visits we have been to in the past:
- Loch Lomond and Glasgow
- National Museum of Scotland
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Falkland Palace and the pretty seaside town of St Andrews
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Evening of dance and music at a traditional Scottish “ceilidh”