The National Progression Award (NPA) in carpentry and joinery is ideal if you are interested in pursuing a career in carpentry and joinery or a related construction occupation. It will also provide you the employability skills you will need to enter this industry. You will be encouraged to gain a work placement during the course and opportunities for progression will be made available through CITB.
- Health and safety in the construction industry
- Technical drawing/computer aided design (CAD)
- Information technology
- Carpentry and joinery
- Decorative painting and finishes
- Roof slating and tiling
- Concrete finishing
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
How Course Is Assessed:
- SQA Assessment Strategy through continuous assessment
Number of Days per week:
- 2 National 4 qualifications; 1 in Maths and 1 in any other subject.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- After completion of this entry level course you will be better informed about choices which you will need to make when considering a career in the construction industry
- This course provides the underpinning knowledge required to continue Further Education in construction or seek an apprenticeship within the industry.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...