This is a wide-ranging course that will equip you for a career in the renewable built environment and traditional energy industries. In Year 1 you`ll follow HNC Engineering Systems with Renewables. This course is designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of industry and commerce.
Progressing to Year 2 you`ll follow HND Engineering Systems with Renewables. The aim of this HND is to provide you with the solid foundation and practical skills in advanced theories of engineering systems which you`ll need for further study and in your future career. You`ll use the latest simulation and design software and study a variety of technical subjects from Renewable Energy Systems to CAD. Here you`ll also complete your Graded Unit examinations in Engineering Systems.
This course is designed to align you with undergraduate degree requirements. At degree-level Year 3 and 4 you`ll continue your studies on the BEng (Hons) Energy and Environmental Engineering course at Edinburgh Napier University giving you the in-depth understanding you need for a career in the renewable built environment and traditional energy industries. As an energy engineer, you`ll be exploring cleaner more efficient ways of using fossil fuels while investigating and developing systems using renewable and sustainable resources such as solar and wind energy.
- HNC Engineering Systems with Renewables
- HND Engineering Systems with Renewables
- BEng Honours Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Advanced Theories of Engineering Systems
- Simulation and Design Software
- Thermofluids Materials
- CAD Quality Management
- Mathematics 3
- Renewable Energy Systems
How Course Is Assessed:
- Units are on an Outcome by Outcome basis. Graded Unit has a final Examination.
Number of Days per week:
- Qualifications Interview Entry Test
- NC in Engineering or Engineering Practice OR
- NC in Multi-Discipline Engineering
- 2 Higher pass in Maths or Physics plus one other to qualify for full-time study
English Proficiency Requirements:
- This course is aligned with the universities requirements Graduate or technical engineering position
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...