This course will allow you to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in automotive engineering. Working on light vehicles (cars and vans), you will learn about a wide range of workshop operations and vehicle systems including health and safety, tools and equipment, business enterprise, engine operation, brakes, steering and suspension operation and electrical systems.
The programme is delivered between the automotive workshops and classroom areas. All qualification evidence is compiled in the form of knowledge and skills assignments and is submitted into your ePortfolio to show knowledge and skills development. You will also enhance your Core Skills, which can be applied to everyday life and future employment in areas such as communication, numeracy, ICT and problem-solving/working with others.
This qualification allows you to have the flexibility to develop knowledge and skills across a variety of specialist areas to prepare you for further studies and potentially enter into a job role you desire.
- Health and Safety
- Vehicle Technology
- Panel Removal
- Inspection & repair of tyres
- Steering systems
- Suspension systems
- Routine Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Working with Others
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and Online Assessment
Number of Days per week:
- National 4 Mathematics, English & a National 4 pass in any science related subject.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Bennetts mechanical comprehension test, no preparation is required
- Apply for apprentice technician vacancies
- Move onto our Modern apprentice scheme
- Progress onto our Level 2 diploma
Download our progression route map here
- Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance & repair
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...