This course is a great place to start in computing. It introduces you to all the basic skills of using a variety of digital software and applications. It covers Photo capture and editing Video capture and editing as well as audio production and editing. It covers the basics of using Microsoft packages such as excel and Access as well as basic file storage and management. All of these skills give you the preparation you need to progress to further computing courses such as NPA Internet Technology or Digital Media Computing.
- Digital still acquisition and editing
- Video Acquisition and editing
- Audio Acquisition and editing
- Information literacy
How Course Is Assessed:
- All the work is assessed through practice with some multiple choice tests.
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days. The course is 14 hours and could be distributed in anyway across the week but we aim to timetable as efficiently as possible.
- We would look for two National 4 passes or if you are a mature student we would assess eligibility through interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A screening is given at interview
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...