This course is perfect if you`re looking to develop skills and knowledge in digital design. The course has a project driven focus and you`ll get straight to work on design briefs allowing you to develop essential practical experience.
You`ll learn to use vital creative software through video tutorials exercises and application of ideas. This will ensure you have the skills needed to complete the full creative process from concept to finished presentation. The Visual Language is used as a framework for discussion of visual interpretations and processing of ideas and you`ll explore a very broad range of contextual and philosophical studies through lectures debate discussions and referencing for concepts and practical work.
This course offers you exciting prospects. Not only will you be able to progress onto creative degree courses but you`ll also be qualified to access degree-level studies in computer systems.
- Development Drawing 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer Arts and Design
- Compositing and Motion Graphics Animation 1
- Sculpture: An Introduction
- Art and Design Context
- 3D Animation
- Motion Studies
- Art and Design: Creative Project 1
- Graded Unit 1 Computer
- Arts and Design: Theory and Practice
- Creative Industries: An Introduction Interactive Media
- Typography: An Introduction
- Life Drawing 1
- Editing for New Media
- Digital Audio for A and D
- Motion Studies
- Life Drawing Portfolio
- Illustration Techniques: Project Professional Studies
- Art and Design: Group Work
- Web Design Project
- An Introduction to Philosophical Aesthetics
How Course Is Assessed:
- This is a practical studio based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
- Year 1: minimum of 2 Highers or relevant Btec or UAL level 2/3 or Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year 2: pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- You should have a good understanding of the creative process evident within your portfolio and wish to specialise to develop a career in this area of Art and Design.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Interview and successful portfolio review
Download our progression route map here
- A wide range of related degree-level studies BA or BSc (Hons) Digital Media or Interactive Digital Media at Edinburgh Napier University BA Computer Games Art andamp; Animation at Glasgow Caledonian University BA Animation at University of the West of England Year 3 BEng (Hons) Computer Networks and Distributed Systems at Edinburgh Napier University
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...